Unwelcome ZOMBiE's Blog
This Blog is best viewed in 1024x786, in Firefox 3.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 or Opera 8.0 or above. Flash Player 9 or above required... That was for 10 years ago, most modern browsers can view my blog.
You accept the Terms and Conditions of cygig.blogspot once you start accessing this blog. Else, please leave immediately.
I Call Myself ZOMBiE CYGIG
"Educated" At Maha Bodhi School, Victoria School, Anderson JC, LASALLE College of the Arts
What I Do Lazing, Hobby Crafting, DIY, Graphic Design, Computer Stuff that you don't get it
What I Avoid Hipsters, Soccer, Apple Brand, Outings
How Am I Like Logical, Practical, Off-Beat, Anti-Social, Sarcastic
Today is the second last day of my work, i wonder how i will feel tml. Sad? Happy? Or maybe like ORD, which im suppose to feel fucking happy but end up having no feelings at all.
I would say i had learnt a lot from this two months of working experience, for this is my first full time commercial work i ever attempted. To be honest, i will not quit if not for my bosses or for the time needed to do my port polio.
The objectives of working in that company is actually not that i am interested in their products. Since day one i find their products rather lame. Sihui said it looks like some scam stuff. My objectives are: 1. Kill time 2. Get to interact w more ppl, like my colleague, as suggested by my counsellor to improve my self confidence 3. Find out how the products are actually made 4. Enhance on my Photoshop skills through daily on-the-fly services 5. Learn the basics of retailing and how the system of business thru retailing works. 6. Learn how to run a kiosk n cost needed 7. Compare working life VS army life VS jc life to conclude my prediction right that working life is much better than the latter two 8. Learn to speak up to strangers 9. Develop social skills like how to behave, what to dress up and how to speak in front of your colleague, boss or customer 10. To earn money
I would safely say i had met all 10 objectives and learnt lots of things. Things that i least in army dun go to waste too, i find the methods of chao keng remained unchanged over the days, the methods to deal w unreasonable bosses are the same too.
On top of the objectives, some interesting things that i learnt are: 1. Ang moh w degree != smart 2. Communication n EQ plays an important part in business 3. Bosses are mostly unreasonable n demanding 4. Not all product sells, not all business plan works 5. Product that sells in one place not necessary sells in another 6. Touting is a poor method of increasing sales, at least for my product at my sales area, different product, location and target audience require different method of sales 7. Sometimes the reason for low sales its as easy as because the product sucks 8. Singaporeans love window shopping, going to a mall just for the scenery or air con 9. When singaporeans buy things, they tend to want perfect quality even if the pricing is cheap enuff 10. Some of the singaporeans are damn rude when asking for directions 11. Most of the singaporeans dun really like to read sign boards, which contain clear instructions, and they rather ask ppl for directions 12. Not all travellers from the western country has perfect english, i met a lot which speaks very poor english 13. Some customers are just dumb, there were occasions where my colleagues gave a faulty product and yet the customer still say it look nice 14. Food takes up most of my earnings 15. The $440 pay army give is really peanuts, now im so used to spending a thousand dollars a month liao 16. Outside food > camp food > home food 17. Shopping center sometimes have the policy that you must open your shop or kiosk, even if u are making a loss or u had paid your rent, it is to upkeep the image of the shopping center 18. Being lonely n bored makes u feel giddy n faint 19. If there is no one in your kiosk to talk to, go talk to the sales person next kiosk 20. Never feel sad when u got bad sales, ask around for neighbouring kiosk n shop, u will never know if they are having equally bad or worst sales 21. The number of ppl in the mall follows a trend, when its before a seasonal period, eg valentine's or school holidays, there will be lots of ppl, then after the number of ppl will plunge like mad then will will gradually goes back to normal 22. Many ppl != got ppl buy your products 23. Always keep your eyes peeled, chio bu are all over the mall! That is one of the best rewards for the day - to look at chio bu 24. If your shop or kiosk is situated at a location where many ppl can see n access, most probably it also means that your boss can spot check on you easily, he can be hiding anywhere in the crowd from a wide range of angle to observe you 25. Bosses are scared of MOM 26. If your boss delay your pay for more than seven days from the stated pay day, you can resign immediately n he got to pay you for the stated notice period 27. Good computing skills are neede against bosses who dun allow u to go internet or play game on the PC, my boss removed the mobile internet modem, and then removed the wifi antenna, and yet i can still surf net n IM 28. Sushi are on discount after maybe 8pm, go grab them for cheap supper 29. Buy a small bottle of Dettol hand sanitiser, and use it to disinfected fuck dirty toilet blow seats before shitting in mall toilets 30. Cheap $1 syrup drink can be bought at Giant, otherwise, any drink that only need cold water to make can save u lots me money, some examples of such drinks are Pocari Sweat n Redoxan
To end it, i would like to thank my ops manger, my sales manager, three retailers Jo, YF and WJ, the graphic designer, the girl next kiosk MX, the waitresses cum flyer givers from Terra and those who came to visit me during my stay there. Oh ya, need to thank MOM n CPF board too lol!
This post is written on my nokia 5320, in the mall's toilet, where the flush system is faulty and keep flushing water onto my butt. -_- This post is then posted using HSDPA connection to Blogger. I agree with yan, HSDPA rocks!
My employment is coming to an end. Actually i like this job a lot, but my boss screwed the whole thing up. Ya, prolly you may say "why not say its your own fault?". Probably, but i cant help it when almost ALL others in the company complain the same thing about Boss. There must be something wrong.
There are two possibilities: 1. I am fucked up, thats why everywhere everything everyone i go, do and meet is fucked up to me. 2. Im suay, i met with all the extremes everytime.
Im leaving it to your to judge me if its 1 or 2. I feel its 1, but logically it looks like 2.
There is this girl working on the opposite kiosk. We were bored and started chatting, and Short Hair came and start to ask her to buy our products, it sounded like as if "you should support us". I dun see other kiosk asking us to buy their products. The next day, Long Hair did a even more ridiculous thing, she handed her a business card and ask if she wants to join us. Oh gosh, what kind of recruitment technique is that? Might as well she go to all the shops and kiosks and ask the staffs inside if they want to join us. Then later, I forgot Long or Shirt Hair came and bombard her with questions like she work how long, how's business etc etc. Last minute market survey?
Imagine you handed in a resignation letter stating you are doing till end of the month. And one week before that your boss come and 'sack' you again. He tells you "no need to wait for end of the month, tml no need come le." Probably im sensative, but i would think he knew the two of them resigned/will resign cos they were unhappy about him, so to save some face, he would rather sack them, even though one of them already handed in the letter. Childish? Or would you call it a MAN and macho behavior to safeguard your pride?
Same like ORD, the last few days always felt damn long. I keep having a feeling Short Hair wants me dead, i feel that he is digging up some past stuff and try to put some blames on me out of the blue. I hate him spying me all the time, the girl next kiosk caught him standing far away and observing me several times. The location of the kiosk is such that it has exposure to lots of customer, which also means it will have less protection from me. With an open viewing angle of more than 180 degree, its hard for me to keep a look out of my boss as the area where boss can come and spy on me far exceed human viewing angle! Thats very bad, even me, the Chao Keng and Slack King got a hard time trying to slack without getting caught. Ever since my colleagues had resigned, i felt like im lone soldier fighting the final phase of the game alone. To a certain extend, i grew tired and sick of playing politics with them. In fact my heart is so dead that i dun even feel like arguing anymore, despite the fact that arguments and politics are some of my pastimes.
- Everyone has their beliefs and reason to do things, I cannot understand why ppl do certain things does not mean that his/her decision is wrong.
- I must phrase words nicely before i talk, else sometimes its better to just STFU.
- Its better to convert my negative perception of someone into a question asking him/her the reason for his/her actions so that I will understand why things are done liddat for him/her instead of sticking to my own perception. In the case where i am not able to justify or understand after given him/her chance to explain, i will put that case on hold and will not make decision based on that case since its considered "unsolved". Then i will attempt to understand it on a later part.
- Something that seem easy (be it decision, choices, skills & abilities) to me may not be for others. I must understand that from a 3rd party POV, i may be missing out lots of details like his/her feelings, obligations, past related events, influences etc etc that will ultimately affect his/her decision, actions, skills & abilities and path of life.
- I must learn to listen to others. A good way will be: Ppl talk > I Listen > think > query > think > conclude > remember case as a reference.
Ppl talk > I interrupt > I object > ppl try to explain > I interrrupt > I insist
- After ranting and blaming ppl, i must look at myself if im in a wrong too. That will make me understand the situation more and sound more believable rather than trolling.
- When making my opinions, i must clearly states that its only my opinion, others may feel different.
- I should be less calculative, no one is perfect, and i cannot expect everyone in my life to be someone who i can accept.
- I will learn how to enforce and empathize rules and responsibilities without offending ppl.
- I should stop making politics. Unless i can win something out of it, politics are more or less pointless.
- I should give chance to ppl. And not tekan them on purpose.
- Always strive for peace, not war; i should be less revengeful.
My boss called me twice this morning to tell me he is paying me today and to discuss about the schedule mentioned in the previous blog post. And he wants me to get down earlier today cos my colleague was sick.
I came down 30 minutes earlier, and ran the kiosk alone. I got to keep everything and lock it up even when i need to go for a just 5mins toilet break.
I waited and waited for him, but he never showed up. Officially, my work ends at 9.30pm, but i waited till 10+pm cos he promised to come down today to pay me and discuss about the work hours.
He never showed up. I rang and smsed him. No reply. I left for home despairingly. Upon reaching home, i received an sms from him saying he just finished work, and he dint bring his phone along.
Pointers to Note: 1. He was the one who told me he is coming down today, TWICE, and yet he failed to keep his promise.
2. After failing to come down, its basic courtesy that he gave me a sms or a call too inform me that our appointment will be cancelled. Dun tell me he cant find any communication devices anywhere, he dint bring his phone dun mean he cant borrow.
3. Its his fault that he dint bring his phone around. Instead, he used it as an excuse.
4. Contract says salaries are paid in arrears, meaning end of the month, and its 5th liao.
5. He has to wait till Sunday to pay us, cos he leaving for KL tml, a further delay. He could had asked a courier to give us our pay check. Neither his trip to KL nor our pay is last minute matter, he had lot a long grace period to plan.
6. He told me later on that we need to try keep the kiosk open on time (before my official work hour), despite knowing that we have our own commitment and schedule. Its like telling a blind to try to see colors despite knowing he cant see.
7. He expect me to cover up the duties of a guy who quitted, without any additional pay. Pay is not a problem, but i really need my time. Time table was drawn out explicitly when we signed the contract, and now he wants us to cover up extra duties.
8. He wants us to be flexible in work hours, yet i dun see flexibility in his pay and management. He tell me to be flexible once in a while, but i had to work solo and requested to come early 2 times weekly. I dun think that is call "once in a while".
9. He says we got to be flexible in work hours in consideration for poor sales. But I feel these two are separate issues.
10. When asked about replacement for the guy who quitted. He dint reply.
11. Previous operation and sales managers quitted. No one here to replace them yet. Our supplies running low and we need logistic attention. Very poor management.
12. He want us to pro-actively approach customer, but ppl keep rejecting us. I myself do not like being pestered when shopping, and i do not wish to be the one pestering ppl. Our own experiment shows that customers are very likely to walk away once we stand up to approach them. Rather, they may come and discover our products if we just leave them alone.